Ever visit a gift shop and see the scrumptious-looking sugar-coated pecans and want to mimic them? Especially after you see their price tag? Once you see how very simple it is to make this delicious treat, never again will you waste money buying them!
First and foremost, you’ll need a good cracker to ensure a perfectly cracked pecan for this recipe. You can check out our low-priced, customer-favorited Inertia Nut Cracker. You’ve likely seen these rubberband-powered nutcrackers before. They bring a sense of nostalgia to the pecan cracking. For a higher yield of nutcracking, check out our Electric Pecan Cracker. And for commercial use and pecan buying points, be sure to see our full line of pecan crackers that can yield up to 200 lbs of pecans an hour.
Now on to the recipe.
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound of pecan halves
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Set the oven to 250 degree and grease a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, whip together egg white and water until frothy appearance. In separate bowl, mix together the salt, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add the pecan halves to the egg whites. Stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the pecans and toss them in the sugar mixture until fully coated. Spread the pecans on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the pecans for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Enjoy! Simple treat to use those perfectly-cracked pecans.
Until next time….